Monday, December 05, 2011

A Debate about the Perfect Preservation of Scripture that You May Have Missed

Several years ago now (2008), I debated one of the Pyromaniacs about the perfect preservation of Scripture.  If he had defeated me in the debate, I guarantee you that it would have been promoted and proclaimed and published big time all over the internet.  However, the debate received crickets afterwards.  Nobody said anything about it.  In this case, silence was golden.  However, I do think Frank Turk's point of view is about par for the course from the non-preservation side.  The whole thing is worth reading, so if you never heard about it, here is the debate, which was originally in ten parts, in four different links.  You will get a pretty good synopsis of the biblical and historical position by reading my part of the debate.  You'll need to start from the bottom up on each of these pages.

Part One


Part Two


Part Three


Part Four



3 comments:

Charles e. Whisnant said...

I do not believe that we have a perfect NT identical in Words to what God inspired in the originals.

Would you have to say that God would have to give a perfect NT bible in every language?

Since God is sovereign and is God I would say He can accomplish His purpose sigh sinful men and with a translations that are not perfect in every word.

Charles e. Whisnant said...

I will say, I have been challenged to study the material you have given. The study of Philosophical empiricists has been interesting. The theory of knowledge has been interesting too. The Father of philosopher as well as the Father of Liberalism was been good.

You know that was not taught in Seminary.

Thanks

Kent Brandenburg said...

My apologies, but Frank Turk has removed the debate from the internet. I don't think it's very ethical, but it is permissible for him, since he was the blog owner. I, however, possess the whole debate, because I kept it. Maybe I'll post the whole thing sometime, since I still have it.