Tuesday, December 27, 2005

WHY WHAT IS TRUTH?


Pilate asked the Lord Jesus at His trial, "What is truth?" Many consider this the age-old question of philosophy. When I was in college, professors and visiting speakers told us students, "People are hungering for the truth." I believed them. After planting a church in 1987 here in California, I haven't found this to be accurate. My experience, which I think counts because of the number of individuals whom I have confronted, says that people are mostly running away from the truth. Nevertheless, the truth is important. If sanctification is the purpose of living (Romans 8:28-30), and we are sanctified through the truth (John 17:17), then nothing is more important to us practically.

With this regular blog, I will tell the truth. I will expose Scriptural truth. I will tell what is to me the truth about various issues---cultural, political, spiritual, and physical. Why do I think anyone really cares to hear what I have to say? They may not. I think some will, maybe many, and time will tell.

You are welcome to comment on what I say, but be civil. I won't expect anyone to write just to make me feel better about my efforts. However, I encourage you to interact thoughtfully. "Come let us reason together."

1 comment:

Jeff Voegtlin said...

I am looking forward to reading this.